Alongside my softCluster script, you'll definitely notice a speed increase in your workflow.
Download it here (mediafire link).
Download, extract and place script in maya's script directory and use
import ld_mirrorMe ld_mirrorMe.GUI()
It's features are shown on this much quicker demo (v1.0.0), supporting multi-mirroring for all modes.
- 3 modes:
1. Curve - mirrors nurbs curves, ideal for mirroring rig controls,
2. Mesh - mirrors geo, ideal for mirroring blendshape targets,
3. Deformer - mirrors only clusters (at present), uses object's pivot for mirroring.
- multi-mirroring on all 3 modes,
- choose mirror axis,
- search and replace,
- alter new objects position (currently either world 0, target, mirror or original - depending on mode),
- world position/rotation based, will work wherever or whatever the targets connected to,
- entry objects names retained, if multiple copies needed (ideal for multi-clustering),
- colourize option for Curves, if given curve is coloured (transform or shape), its mirror can be assigned a different colour,
- quick and simple to use.
09/03/12 - 0.5.0
Initial working version.
10/03/12 - 0.9.5
Tidied UI and reduced/cleaned code.
13/03/12 - 1.0.0
Added colour option for curves.
Removed all pymel (speed issues).
14/03/12 - 1.5.0
Thanks to Matt Murray for feedback for further improvements.
Added option to mirror world position of mirrored curve.
Added further error-checking for all modes.
Fixed bug causing unwanted locking of attributes.
Added option to disable colouring of mirrored curve.
Again, any feedback, problems/bugs or ideas lemmie know and I'll do what I can.