Monday, 22 March 2010

difficult...

after the last post i made regarding the coat finally working, well unfortunately, even though it worked 'well' had a major issue with conflicting constraints etc, so even though it would have been fine for any movement other than opening its coat, its not very helpful...

Spent most of last night and today completely re-rigging the coat, so instead of the coat skeleton/rig been split about under different blendshapes to allow me to blend inbetween a whole body skin to the coat open rig, i've had to build and constrain the entire rig on the low-poly coat on the rig itself, which is exactly what i didnt want to do as it'll make things hader when deforming the body...

and as usual after spending all the time re-rigging it, after a short walk into Cardiff i realised the ideal way to rig it instead, and after an hour of re-re-re-rigging, come up with a 'sucessful' (questionable) flash.


working flash test from Lee Dunham on Vimeo.


I'm fully aware thats its a hidious example of animation and theres problems all over the place, but the final foundations are there and also, the way its now rigged i can finally start working full time on animating it (and part time on making it pretty :)